Effective April 15, 2006
"Guest" means an individual who can search and purchase Products or Services on the Site without being a Member.
"Member" means an individual who has registered with the Site. Members choose a User ID and a password.
"User ID" means the e-mail address you use (with your password) to login to our Site.
"Arzoo" or "Arzoo.com" or "we" or "us" means ARZOO.COM (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
"Personal Information" means any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred from the information. This includes, for example, name, e-mail and mailing address and telephone number, billing and account information, and other information incidental to providing Products or Services (including information about individuals traveling with you).
"Products or Services" means the airline travel, hotel accommodation, car rental, ground transportation, tours, theater tickets, attractions, travel insurance, care alerts, and other items available from the Site.
To "Purchase" means to book, reserve or purchase.
"Session Data" means usage information, such as the type of Internet browser and operating system an individual uses, and the domain name of the site from which the individual came, the date, time and duration of the visit, number of visits, average time spent by the individual on the site, pages viewed, domain name of the individual, and number of cookies accumulated.
"Site" means the www.arzoo.com site and the respective sub sites together with the respective content, Products and Services available from these sites and sub sites.
"Subscriber" means an individual who elects to receive offers or promotions from Arzoo without becoming a Member or a Guest.
If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If you refuse or withdraw your consent, or if you choose not to provide us with any required Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with Products or Services that can be offered on our Site only if we have access to certain Personal Information.
Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not eligible to register for, use, or Purchase the Products or Services available on our Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from any Minor, and will not use this information if we discover that it has been provided by a Minor.
Other Travelers or Contacts
We hereby state that:
- We will not collect Personal Information without your knowledge and permission.
- We will take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we collect from you.
- We will allow you to view, correct or remove your Personal Information.
How we use the information we collect
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide Arzoo's Products or Services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship.
To record your travel preferences, to make reservations or acquire travel insurance on your behalf, or to communicate with you about your travel plans
- We use Personal Information in order to provide and enhance the Products or Services offered on our Site
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our Site, inform you of new features on our Site, or provide other information that may be of interest to users
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience at our Site to your interests and make more appropriate travel recommendations
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information
- To manage our Site, diagnose technical problems, improve content, and allocate the resources of our systems so that your experience with our Site is as efficient as possible
- To process and track your transactions and to send you information about our and our affiliates' and business partners' products and services and other information and materials that may be of interest to you
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information; to investigate, detect and protect Arzoo and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business
- To audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or For any other purpose to which you consent.
Aggregated information is information, recorded in any form, about more than one individual, where the identity of the individual is not known, and cannot be inferred from the information. We may use aggregated information to describe our user base to current or potential partners investors and advertisers; after a survey, to understand and respond to market needs and preferences; or to make recommendations to other users of our Site. For example, if users of our Site who have traveled to a particular destination told us that they had positive experiences at a hotel in that destination, we might recommend that hotel.
whom we disclose Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- To those travel service providers with which you make arrangements through our Site, for example, airlines, car rental, hotel, ground transportation, theater, attraction, or travel insurance. We provide them with the Personal Information needed to make and complete the purchase, booking, or reservation.
- To organizations that perform services for or on behalf of Arzoo, for example to provide customer service, deliver tickets, ship items, process credit cards, for research, marketing, data processing, to measure the use of our Site, to facilitate usage by a Visitor, or to offer credit card services or evaluate your creditworthiness. We will share with these companies only that Personal Information which they need to work on our behalf. Some of these service providers may be located in other countries. Your Personal Information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to Arzoo, and under the instructions of Arzoo, and with respect to that information, to act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- We may collaborate with other companies to offer you additional Products or Services, for example, through sweepstakes, raffles, and promotions. We will share Personal Information that is necessary for these other companies to provide the Products or Services that you have requested.
- We may also disclose your information to our affiliates and non-affiliated business partners for their use both on our behalf and for their own business purposes. For example, our affiliates and business partners may use such information to send you information about their products, services, other information, and materials that may be of interest to you.
- To protect our Site and our rights under our Terms and Conditions of Use; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off, or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business.
information is public:
- To our insurers and to regulatory agencies
we retain and store Personal information
We will retain your Personal Information in our databases in accordance with our document management, retention and destruction policy and applicable laws. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only as long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise later. For example, we may need or be required to retain information to allow you to obtain credit for trip your Purchased but had to cancel. We may also need the retain certain information to prevent fraudulent activity; to protect ourselves against liability, permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or if we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
Your Personal Information will be stored in secured locations, and on servers controlled by Arzoo, located either at our offices, or at the offices of our service providers, as described in How we protect Personal Information.
we protect Personal Information
If you choose to contact Arzoo through the Site, you should be aware that any information transmitted electronically via the World Wide Web might not be secure. Arzoo assumes no liability for the loss of any information that you transmit to us via the World Wide Web. However, should you choose to pay by credit card when making a booking, reservation or purchase on the Site, your card details are encrypted for the transaction.
In communicating with you, we may send e-mail as unencrypted plain text because we are aware that most Members, Guests, or Subscribers cannot readily process encrypted e-mail. This is done for your convenience, but with the security concern that, if misrouted or intercepted, it could be read more easily than encrypted e-mail.
If we decide to change this policy in a material way, we will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if we seek to collect, use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than those to which consent has been obtained, unless otherwise required or permitted by law. If any proposed change is unacceptable to you, you may request that we remove your Personal Information (and/or that of other individuals for whom you made travel reservations or who have received your Alerts) from our records.
If any dispute arises between you and Arzoo during your use of the Site or thereafter, in connection with the validity, interpretation, implementation or alleged breach of any provision of the Terms and Conditions, the dispute shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator who shall be an independent and neutral third party identified by Arzoo. The place of arbitration shall be Mumbai. The arbitration proceedings shall be in the English language.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of India